• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

OG 23

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10

So i bought the Sacrrow Buggy from a bunch of good guys up in da' Mac this December with full intentions of giving it a full go over and freshening it up from one end to the other, the buggy was in decent shape when i bought it, most of the stuff worked however, there was a decent sized list that required attention some more immediate than others LOL, and well me being the perfectionist that i am.... well at least that i think i am, the "to do" list kept growing and growing until finally it became clear that it was going to be a frickin rather big job LOL, so anyways, i figured i would share some pictures and info along the way.
I have huge plans for this thing, my only pitfall is my job and it requires almost 90% of my time, damn oil patch lol.

However
To say the very least though i am extremely motivated and pumped to have snagged such a buggy to make my own over then next while!

Any suggestions, critisizm along the way IS MORE THAN WELCOME so let er rip!

Here's what it looked like the day i brought it home and spent $100 washing it just to get a better look at it.IMG_0148.JPG
IMG_0149.JPG

Little rubbers on it, getting ready to strip down.
IMG_0285.JPG
IMG_0286.JPG

Engine & Trans coming out together.
IMG_0352.JPG
IMG_0355.JPG

Leaving the garage to go for diff & coilover removal via bobcat then off to paint.
IMG_0357.JPG

Pile o' parts.
IMG_0365.JPG

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

OG 23

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10
Started building the new front diff.

Stock Dana 60 that came with the buggy.
IMG_0378.JPG

1st Reid Inner C test fit. (Man the stock ones are a Bi#tch to get off!)
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0380.JPG

Put them on the BBQ for 2 Hrs at 400F, slid right on, set angle & welded her up!
IMG_0385.JPG

Whola after 4 hrs we have both of the old ones off and the new ones on!
IMG_0388.JPG

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

OG 23

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10
Picked it up from Paint today, i had it sand blasted, acid primed and then painted with metallic endura paint in the 2 step process (the same endura as the entire oilpatch uses, this shit's tough!)
IMG_0390.JPG

The Boss

The Boss

Parts Manager/web manager

• Root Admin
  • 3,504 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
They didn't even wash it for ya? Ouch….

New paint looks good! Kind of reminds me of Crazy RC's buggy now, without the blue striped doors. I can't wait to see it back together & looking all perty again!!

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

OG 23

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10

They didn't even wash it for ya? Ouch….

New paint looks good! Kind of reminds me of Crazy RC's buggy now, without the blue striped doors. I can't wait to see it back together & looking all perty again!!

No it was more from the damn roads, when i drove back, there was like 6" of snow on the highways, so when i got it back it was a shittty mess LOL. Not to mention the liquid salt on the roads too.

mogman

mogman
  • Members
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09
Who did the paint for ya? I'm in the market soon. Looks great btw!

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

OG 23

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10

Who did the paint for ya? I'm in the market soon. Looks great btw!

I Had a company Called Sylvan Custom Coatings do it for me, you really, have to see it in person, that picture doesn't do it justice, They are located in Blackfalds and the owners name is Desmond, he's really good to work with, and very reasonably priced, from drop off to fully done & cured (endura has to cure for at least a day in the booth before you can take it outside) the buggy was done in 12 days, and that included powder coating all of my king coils black at the same time.

http://www.sylvancustomcoatings.com/

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
funny I thought it was still sand blasted. It looks cool. Good to see it like that. A new fresh look. making it your own. The black coils will pop . Diffs and links are black as well?

Soup Man

Soup Man
  • Members
  • 1,018 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06
I spy with my little eye a 6 liter in the garage?

Glad to see this getting the attention it deserves.

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

OG 23

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10

funny I thought it was still sand blasted. It looks cool. Good to see it like that. A new fresh look. making it your own. The black coils will pop . Diffs and links are black as well?

You betcha, with black everything else too.

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

OG 23

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10
Got some more stuff done on my last set of days off here:
IMG_0398.JPG
IMG_0399.JPG

Motor going back in:
IMG_0403.JPG
IMG_0406.JPG

Made some actual mounts for the new fuel cell:
IMG_0410.JPG
IMG_0414.JPG

Runnin Rad lines & misc stuff:
IMG_0417.JPG

Moking up fuel lines & rigging in shut off valve.
IMG_0418.JPG
IMG_0419.JPG

Rum Runner

Rum Runner
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Joined 21-February 13
NICE!! Looking good!

cottintail

cottintail
  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 31-July 09
It might just be the way i'm looking at it but I think you've got the high steer arms on the wrong sides the ears are supposed to point out so they can be drilled and set up with a long double sheer bolt. If I remember right they were drilled so it would work with the ram and the set up without changing anything but after Joey tore a high steer arm of twice I'd defiantly think of adding the double sheet bolt.

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

OG 23

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10

It might just be the way i'm looking at it but I think you've got the high steer arms on the wrong sides the ears are supposed to point out so they can be drilled and set up with a long double sheer bolt. If I remember right they were drilled so it would work with the ram and the set up without changing anything but after Joey tore a high steer arm of twice I'd defiantly think of adding the double sheet bolt.

LOL good eye! We put them on that way to get it off the trailer with some sort of front wheel control & steering. The old lower drag link i used wasn't long enough to reach with the high steer arms installed properly on the outside, I have since reamned out the lower bolt holes on the knuckles & and installed the big assed dual shear bolts & sleeves i just didn't get that far with the pics, dam pictures take too much time lol.

Soup Man

Soup Man
  • Members
  • 1,018 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06
Looks good.

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
Looks sweet. I can't get over how good it still looks.

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

OG 23

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10
Ok so the B#tch is done! Sorry about the lack of pic's, i was running low on time so the camera took the back burner. It's come a very long way from when i bought it, almost everything has been gone through, checked or replaced, but i still have a bunch of stuff to do.

But anyways here you go.

IMG_0442.JPG

IMG_0441.JPG

IMG_0445.JPG

Took it out for it's first shakedown run, no major issues other than shitty old batteries & the coolant rad fans relay was glitching in & out. Although we did have to walk 2 miles back to rob a good battery out of my f350 lol.

IMG_0449.JPG

IMG_0450.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

mogman

mogman
  • Members
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09
Looks awesome!!! I'm super jealous. Glad your run went "ok". Hope when u walked 2 miles to get a battery, u didn't leave your buggy unattended! Can't trust anyone up here. They'd burn it to the ground if you're not there guarding it.

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
Good job looks sexier than it ever has. I wouldn't recognize it.

cottintail

cottintail
  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 31-July 09
Sweet you got it pretty much done, now just get some seat time in it before highriders lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users