Plasma/multi process machines

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

cottintail

cottintail
  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 31-July 09

I'm at the point where I think I really Need a plasma cutter..... But really want a good TIG welder to. Has anyone had any experience with the new multi process machines out there Good/Bad or am I just better off waiting and getting 2 separate machines?

wahlstrom1

wahlstrom1

U.A. 2010! Bent and broke....

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06
While the multi use idea is cool and saves space, I'd rather have the reliability of two separate machines and the ability to use both at once...

Just my .02...
Ranger - Work In Progress

Petersons U.A. 2010, Helluva trip

ROAD KILL

ROAD KILL

TTC 2009 Champion TTCC 2012 Grand Champion

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Joined 21-February 07
I have a new HOBART plasma machine for sale not sure of model (I'm out of town working ) but I can find out if your interested

cottintail

cottintail
  • Members
  • 247 posts
  • Joined 31-July 09

I'll think about it for sure Dave, but was kinda hoping Brink would see this because the machine I'm looking at is the Longevity WeldAll 250PI seems like a pretty good machine and a great price for want your getting I think.

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

RUNNIN WIDE OPEN

OG 23

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10
If you decide to buy a plasma separate I have a hypotherm Powermax 65 that I bought just before x mas. It is a kick ass machine, you gotta pay a bit more $$$$ for a powermax but the quality is worth every penny. Ive been cutting 1/2 steel single pass the last couple days on and off without a single issue.

Be careful when buying multi-process machines in my and my buddies experiences they arent usually as good as everyone expects them to be, one side of the machine usually isn't up to par and it's usually the plasma cutter end of things.

Cody Ford

Cody Ford
  • Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • Joined 05-September 06
  • Interests:90' C350 AKA 4 door 1 ton bronco
    96' Ranger: kings, EMF parts, 800hp SBF
If you want multiprocess with tig, get a smaw/gtaw machine. You can actually use a tig torch on most normal dc smaw machines with good results (I have a miller machine at the farm with a tig torch setup that works great).
90' C350 AKA 4 door 1 ton Bronco
96' Ranger: kings, EMF parts, 800hp SBF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users