So I was just thinking about the brake setup and the performance of the new setup, have you thought of increasing the master cylinder size? I don't recall if you did/mentioned it, but with the big increase in the amount of fluid you having to push, I would expect a similar increase in size on the master cylinder would be required (think of a garden hose that puts out 10gal/min out of two nozzles, now you increase the nozzles to 10 nozzles with a bigger capacity, you will need to increase your volume to maintain the same output performance) to maintain good brakes.
But I could be wrong and thinking of something else, but you go from 2 pinion brake calipers to 8 wheel brake calipers, I would expect some sort of upgrade to at least maintain the same peddle feel/travel.
The problem with increasing master cylinder size, (diameter of the piston) is, yes you increase volume, & have a firmer/shorter pedal stroke, but you loose power,
I only have about a 3:1 pedal ratio, so I need the power to come from the smaller master cylinder,
I am running .750 bore master cylinders, (1 for the front, 1 for the rear) the pedal stroke is a little longer now but the brakes seem to work ok, with a bigger master cylinder the stroke would be shortend, but the effort to stop the machine would increase,
Cheston drove the rig last weekend, I asked what he though of the brakes, He said "they must not be bad, I didn't even notice them"
The other thing is the physical size of the MC, these are tiny, & look to no longer be available, I'm not sure I could even fit a different syle / bigger bore MC in the machine without modification,
I did get to take the rig out & do some wheeling, had a visitor show up & after a little work it was time to go do some testing,
Only pic I got was a poser shot, but at least it's out of the shop,
While wheeling I did notice my torque converter seems to be stalling a bit higher, I'm sure the nitrous is not helping that at all, plus the trans is letting a little oil out of the bell housing,
I called Edge racing converters & they are going to build me one of their "street edge" converters, since I'll be that far into it I will go ahead & freshen the trans & make sure everything is ready to go for a few years again, Hopefully.
The other thing I want to change is the front drive line angle, right now I have a very worked over 1350 superduty front shaft in there, & it is pretty much working at the limit,
In 2wd it is fine, slight vibration at about 10 mph, then smooths out nicely, but put the front in gear & with a little load it vibrates pretty bad from 10 mph on up.
I had plans of trying to drop the rear out put of the 205 (front out put in my machine) so both out put shafts were off set from the input shaft, but there is just physically no room in the 205 to do this the way I wanted,
I have a plan "in my head" to build a drop box, using the wide 1:1 gears from an NP205, both outputs will be offset, (in line with each other) & have one axle disconnect,
I'm not sure if I want to be able to disconnect the front for rear 2wd, might be nice driving to/from the trail,
Or if I am going to make the rear disconnect, then I would have front dig if needed,
Both options have their benifits, so I think I will just go with what's easiest, or fits best when fabrication time comes.
So if that works out I will have a strong 1:1 drop box, For reduction I will look into some form of planetary reduction box, (Klune-v, NWF black box, or even better, a DIY kit where I can use a 271 planetary, like D&D box for rocks, or the Behemoth strong box)
Hopefully I will have some progress on this part of the project early next month,