Kids SxS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Home Brew S-10

Home Brew S-10
  • Members
  • 323 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10
The plan. 1989 honda 350 fortrax 4x4. Tear it down cut the upper tubes off the frame link the rear and cage it up as a 2/3 seat kids unit. It's the only quad I know of that has a solid front end it is the same swing arm style as the rear that honda has run forever. If there is room to link the front I will but unless I use a electric pump and small orbital/ ram combo it will need a pan bar and I don't know if there will be room for all that also with the narrow stance it might be tippy with to much flex/travel. I plan to run offset rims to help with the width issue and will have to keep the head height down for a lower COG. A simple linkage system for a slap shifter in the center. Probably get some seats from a Polaris rzr 120 and 4 point harness. There will be some issues with brakes as the front is hyd drum and the rear is cable drum but I could probably find a hyd disk setup for the rear.
image.jpg

Lucky

Lucky
  • Members
  • 42 posts
  • Joined 04-July 12

This I want to see, cool idea.

- "FLIP"....  Seems I consistently prove my nickname is appropriate.

Home Brew S-10

Home Brew S-10
  • Members
  • 323 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10
It's just a brain storm right now. I can get a quad for $400 that runs good. The only issue I have is it might be to narrow. And if it's going to be big$$$ to make the diffs wider not sure if it's worth the time or $.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users