• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Haha I found some old pictures!  Not all of them but some is better than none.  For those of you not in the know Ryan and his rig visit the shop every once in a while and his ride has evolved over the years. Originally it was a  chev short box. I think it was his first. It came to us to link it then things just got out of hand. 

These aren't the build pictures more just the shots once it was done.

This was a picture of him driving it away from our shop to a nearby muffler shop. I still can't believe he never got pulled over

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

Not sure what we were doing but man was it shiney

DSC00004.JPG

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

The golf carts at my old shop were always so tempting to drive over. We built it originally for mud boggs and TTC. It was never entered and no the rules have changed so much we'd have to change some things to get in. Maybe he will.

DSC00005.JPG

The moment of relief when completing a build. Loading it on the trailer

DSC00006.JPG

DSC00007.JPG

The second moment is when it fits on that trailer

DSC00008.JPG

We wound up at my Dads scrap yard. My rock pile was out front so we thought we'd take it for a test run. At the same time a friend at a magazine owed me a favour so we did a shoot at the yard. I never saw the pictures and it never wound up in the magazine so I'm not sure how standing around with a camera is returning the favour.

DSC00009.JPG

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Keep in mind this is from 2005 0r 6 I can't remember which but the industry has changed a ton since then.

DSC00010.JPG

DSC00011.JPG

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

some pictures of pictures being taken

DSC00013.JPG

DSC00014.JPG

A little rock trivia  The exact spot his truck is sitting is where the video for the Tragically Hip New Orleans is Sinking music video was filmed. If you watch the video the red crane in the background is in it.

DSC00015.JPG

DSC00016.JPG

DSC00017.JPG

And then onto the rocks for some long waited testing.

DSC00018.JPG

DSC00019.JPG

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Back then this was still pretty new. He was getting his feeling for side angles.

DSC00020.JPG

DSC00021.JPG

DSC00022.JPG

DSC00023.JPG

DSC00024.JPG

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

The one thing we've always had was a rock course to test new rigs out on and give a customer the feel and explain whats happening. Also if something is going to fail it does it here. It's a quick trip back to the shop to fix what ever issue and the customer is on their way. Rather than driving to the trail or 12 hours to moab.

DSC00026.JPG

DSC00027.JPG

pretty cool Ryan jumped in first time ever on links and coilovers and attacked the course.

DSC00028.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users