• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Wow the off road community has had a hard month . Two deaths of well known people. The rock bouncing world first and now Mega trucks. Both simple errors that cost them their lives. I've had many, many close calls my self and still have no idea why I'm not dead. Just remember as race season approaches and you spend sleepless hours pounding away prepping your rig, be careful

This includes

- putting even just a lap belt on at all times. Even when just moving a rig. Throttles stick.

-never standing in front of or behind a rig or even between a rigs tires on fire up or when shifting into gear

-always putting a helmet on when doing a test burn

-watching for little ones that may be near

-not jacking around in the pits

-not jacking around while lined up  to compete

-keeping your speed down  near spectators

I could go on but I'll end with respect the machine and use your heads.

Have a fun safe race season

SLAYERMIKE

SLAYERMIKE
  • Members
  • 199 posts
  • Joined 07-April 09

It's really too bad that happened but that's why I've always been happy  with your stance on safety, shouldn't be much whining now.

ChestonScout

ChestonScout

HAVOCS original BADASS

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Joined 01-December 08
What happened with the mega truck? Havent heard that one yet.
Ignorance makes me immortal

GiS

GiS

Rock AWN!

• Members
  • 1,199 posts
  • Joined 08-August 06

Damn .. who did we lose and how? :(

Once along time ago, in a subduction zone not to far away, great thrust faults and up-lift occurred, that my friend blows me away..... In this great land, we all treasure the same, I see no reason to only have mud trails, thats just lame. Thus today I made a vow I promise to uphold, I will find a rock trail in Alberta by hunting through the heat, rain and even the cold. So to all those Igneous and sedimentary rocks around, look out, the day is coming when you will be found.

Rock Poss'e 06

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Al Abercrombie. A young guy well known in the mega world. Drove fast hard and crazy. From what I gather he took his rig for a quick rip in his yard. Throttle stuck or something and he crashed into a tree. From what I gather there was no seat belt. Same as that rock  bounce Fox that rolled her rig with no belt just playing before the event. 

On another note I almost flipped my tractor the other day fencing when it stuck in gear throttle open in reverse and it jack knifed on a little hill with the post pounder driving up the post. It was a bad situation. Stupid quick mistake. Like unloading Golddigger off the trailer last year after HRC. Bryan tapped the throttle in reverse and it stuck wide open. The rig flew off the trailer and almost ran a couple of us over. We were lucky Bryan was quick on the kill switch as the motor over powered the pinion brakes. It all happens so fast. We never should have been standing behind the rig. It was just careless but again could have beem bad.

ChestonScout

ChestonScout

HAVOCS original BADASS

• Members
  • 735 posts
  • Joined 01-December 08
I read he was testing his newly installed 1500 HP motor
Ignorance makes me immortal

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

yeah I heard similar also heard the throttle stuck but I wasn't there. Shit happens so fast.  So after I posted this I fell in my shop over a crankshaft sitting in a bucket. I should have chucked it months ago. It grabbed both my pant legs and held my feet in one spot. I fell like a brick backwards and new the weldng bench was behind me. I was afraid of cracking my head. Long story short I nailed my head on the bench and can feel a dent but didn't really pay attention because my arm made a loud snapping noise. I'm down to one arm which sucks how ever could have been a way worse head injury. I should heed my own advice. Feeling a little pissed at myself but happy it was only an arm.

1-5-3-6-2-4

1-5-3-6-2-4

That Diesel Guy

• Administrators
  • 1,882 posts
  • Joined 05-August 06
  • Interests:Big & fast stuff
Wow bad juju all around. Sorry to hear.
Luke
---------------------------------------------------------------
'06 Ford F450 CC Lariate DRW 37s
'98 Freightliner COE C12 13spd LWB