• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Yeah for yours Fraser I think it'll be okay if you add a pillar behind you. And I'm not sure if Brink ever added that B-pillar or not to the A-pillar but that would also have to be added.  Cody is the guy that knows  I quit and have nothing to do with anything event wise anymore, going back to building a rig for myself instead. I started this thread before I threw in the towel. However I keep adding to it so if people have questions as to how to pass tech or why tech is like it is they'll have some place to ask.  Any rig can comply. Yours is at least roomy so you're a head of the game. The guys lacking head room have to re vamp roof and floor lines.

mogman

mogman
  • Members
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09
Thank for the advice!! I'll talk to brink. Not too late to add tube. Has yet to be painted. Within the next month or two.

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Well make sure you twin up the main hoop and the bar at the a-pillar is a must. From there I think you're okay. The roof was welded solid right? and it had breaks or creases in it which adds to the strength of the open span across the top of the window opening on the side of the rig. That's why we use the 1/16 sheet metal and seam weld it. It drastically increases the tube strength.

Cody Ford

Cody Ford
  • Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • Joined 05-September 06
  • Interests:90' C350 AKA 4 door 1 ton bronco
    96' Ranger: kings, EMF parts, 800hp SBF

What size tube is your buggy?  

90' C350 AKA 4 door 1 ton Bronco

mogman

mogman
  • Members
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09
3/4" tube 250 wall. Tons of trussing.

Cody Ford

Cody Ford
  • Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • Joined 05-September 06
  • Interests:90' C350 AKA 4 door 1 ton bronco

1.75x.250 thick for the cage?

90' C350 AKA 4 door 1 ton Bronco

mogman

mogman
  • Members
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09
Yeah. Clay built 90% of it. The only thing brink finished was the front and the rear. But integrally, Clay built the cage/buggy

mogman

mogman
  • Members
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09
I'll be trailering it down to red deer/Edmonton area next week to check out a paint shop.

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

okay did some numbers and for the most part drive shafts aren't moving that quick. However if you wind up with someone running a 47 inch tire and 15:1 gears the drive shaft in 1st gear at 31 mph will be moving  about 6000 rpm. 31 mph is nothing. If such a rig had poor drive line angles the chances of the shaft coming apart is very high.  in drive or 1:1 max speed would be 54 mph. Not fast but the shafts again are at 6000 rpm. Now not every rig is like that but if a shaft let go at that rpm it would probably tear all the hoops off but at least it would knock the energy out of the debris. Like a winch weight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users