• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Well things have been screaming busy. I don't get on here much since they moved the one internet tower and we lost fast internet. Now we're on slow satellite and data is expensive. Mostly I use data on my phone but it locks up when I'm on the forums. I'm going to try and get on here more maybe instead of answering tech through texts I'll start doing it through here. We bought a second lathe and I'm not starting another build until it's paid off. This is taking longer than I thought since we've applied for two more patents as well. My roll as a builder has shifted and my time seems to be spent working with other builders helping them take their rigs to the next level. It's different just making parts and not building my own creations but at the same time it feels good being involved in so many crazy builds around the world. At the same time I've been busting my butt designing ball joints. Last week I finalized my latest joint the 2014 Dodge lower ball joint. It's the first aftermarket joint made for the 2014 to current Dodge 3500's  to be finished and will be released next week. It's not as flashy as doing builds but making something that works better than any other manufacturer (as in low friction, durability etc) on OEM products and is run by thousands of people daily and improves the handling and wear of the vehicle is a new challenge. I miss building and still have Son of Sam to finish this winter as well as upgrade CrazyRC  so I'm not all done. And I've been collecting parts.

Whats up with everyone else?

CHEMMINS

CHEMMINS
  • Members
  • 236 posts
  • Joined 12-February 10

I have been keeping track of the ball joints on FB. Seems like it is keeping you busy. I have a bunch of parts on the shelf. Need a ton more....but had to take a 50% pay cut to keep working. No extra right now.

Can't wait for things to go back.

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Yeah I'm in the same boat we applied for a 3rd patent so thats like taking a pay cut while paying for it. And all the R&D going into the different ball joints. I don't get paid for any of that so if you average my hours out I get paid about 2-3 dollars an hour and it eats up all my time. On top of that building inventory so a customer can call and order on the spot is eating up every other last dime.  Booo  but maybe one day it'll pay off. I'm sure it will. But building a business without a bankroll is tough and takes forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users