mountian magic

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10

cool looks good. Have trouble with the rear shocks and the gaurds or did they fit?

they fit, quite tight. I have to move the shock mounts to the inside of the frame. At full flex the tires hit the shocks, so i was going to move them into the inside of the frame. do you think that would be a problem?

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
If the bottom hoop gets in the way cut it off. It was put there incase the 40's rubbed. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say the offset is better on your rims.

they fit, quite tight. I have to move the shock mounts to the inside of the frame. At full flex the tires hit the shocks, so i was going to move them into the inside of the frame. do you think that would be a problem?

Okay so I posted and then saw this post. Inside the frame shouldn't be a big deal. Height. You may have to check the mounting height. The floor might be an issue. I think the reason for mounting them outboard was bacause of the air shocks and wanting more stability. I remember it being a huge pain in the ass mounting them outbard of the frame.

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10

If the bottom hoop gets in the way cut it off. It was put there incase the 40's rubbed. I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and say the offset is better on your rims.

Okay so I posted and then saw this post. Inside the frame shouldn't be a big deal. Height. You may have to check the mounting height. The floor might be an issue. I think the reason for mounting them outboard was bacause of the air shocks and wanting more stability. I remember it being a huge pain in the ass mounting them outbard of the frame.

The bottom hope does get in the way but the thing that i need to get away from is when im flexing(almost full flex) the tire rubs the shock and the other tire hits the frame. I was thinking, if i move the shock mounts into the inside of the frame, then i might be able to drop then a bit and get away from the tires hitting the frame. What are your opinions on that ?

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
Before you get to excited you should see if the drive shafts will bind. The set up was made for maximum movement and articulation with 16's set at that height. Your shocks are 18's so you've already added 2-4 more inches of height right there. Plus the extra flex. That just cleared everything with the maximum movement of 16" You might be better off limiting travel with limit straps and bump stops. Hard to say I'm not there.

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10

Before you get to excited you should see if the drive shafts will bind. The set up was made for maximum movement and articulation with 16's set at that height. Your shocks are 18's so you've already added 2-4 more inches of height right there. Plus the extra flex. That just cleared everything with the maximum movement of 16" You might be better off limiting travel with limit straps and bump stops. Hard to say I'm not there.

i guess thats a good idea, sorry very excited i wanna get this baby up and moving! i think erin was saying that you guys get your driveshafts made in calgary? is that just the shaft? or ? is that completely assembled? ujoints and all?

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
nothing to be sorry about. It's just that when I build something it is normally built to it's limit. We get everything out of the drive shafts that we can. I'm just saying be careful. See if you can make it work before you cut anything off.

Drive shaft come complete from Commercial truck which used to be Danco.

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10

nothing to be sorry about. It's just that when I build something it is normally built to it's limit. We get everything out of the drive shafts that we can. I'm just saying be careful. See if you can make it work before you cut anything off.

Drive shaft come complete from Commercial truck which used to be Danco.

clay thank you so much for your information, i have a few things i need to look into as i can see, what do you do for spline travel on your driveshafts? what do you use for brake and fuel line? are you still making your hydraulic steering equipment?

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

what do you do for spline travel on your driveshafts

What's the travel right now? It shouldn't move that far I don't think. You t-case is sitting in the same spot as Dans or close to right? If you would like we can figure out your drive shafts here. Corey is awsome but busy. So am I but sometimes it's easier to come up with what you need and just have me order it. Since I only deal with problem driveline angles it's easier for me explain to him what you need.

what do you use for brake and fuel line

I like to use fuel line for fuel line and brake line for brake line :rolleyes: What size of tube does your motor require? I think you have to run hard line I'm not sure. Brake line comes from napa in rolls.

are you still making your hydraulic steering equipment

yup.

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10

What's the travel right now? It shouldn't move that far I don't think. You t-case is sitting in the same spot as Dans or close to right? If you would like we can figure out your drive shafts here. Corey is awsome but busy. So am I but sometimes it's easier to come up with what you need and just have me order it. Since I only deal with problem driveline angles it's easier for me explain to him what you need.

I like to use fuel line for fuel line and brake line for brake line :rolleyes: What size of tube does your motor require? I think you have to run hard line I'm not sure. Brake line comes from napa in rolls.

yup.

umm everything is about the same place, the motor is a little longer, and the atlas but, other then that a few inches, and i have to raise the t case a bit or else clock it a little different. Where it is clocked right now, the sight glass in the back hits the bottom of the cross member.

hahah right on! that makes perfect sense.

What is a hydraulic system cost from you? or where abouts ?

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10
the yota sittin there. finaly rolling!

Attached Thumbnails

• photo 7.JPG
  • photo 6.JPG

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10
possible ride height.

Attached Thumbnails

• photo 5.JPG

Blackhorse

Blackhorse
  • Members
  • 859 posts
  • Joined 23-February 07
sweet lookin ride there
I finally got that "jeep thing"..... now it hurts when I pee

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
That rig is surreal. The small body on 49s looks amazing. I can't wait for video of it playing.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H. L. Mencken

mogman

mogman
  • Members
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09
Killer Toyota man!! I'm jealous! (of being able to fit in one! Haha)

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10
thanks guys! things are slowly coming along !!!

Bushluver

Bushluver
  • Members
  • 471 posts
  • Joined 17-September 06
It looks sick at full bump - keep that baby nice and low.

gutt_72

gutt_72
  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 07-August 06

It looks sick at full bump - keep that baby nice and low.

x2

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10
thanks guys, ya i plan on keeping it as low as possible. thinking around 5 inches up travel and 10 down or something like that. i have 18 inch coil overs so im probably just going to max it out at full drop, limit straps and use bump stops as well

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10
Well I did some work on the yota the other day. I had to make a bracket for the t-case adapter because the t-case was hitting the cradle in 2 places. And had to make an adapter to fit the tcase bracket fromThe previous tcase mount that clay had built. The tcase adapter bracket is made out of 1/4" steel has 4 holes drilled in it, 2 of which are threaded. The other bracket is 1/2" thick and I put it under the tcase mount to lift it up to clear the cradle. I will post pics when I get home tonight.
photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 1.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• photo 5.JPG

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10
Well been a slow progress but figured I would get something put up here

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg