• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
i originally bought this truck in 05 to do a front and rear 4-link set-up on. it was on 03 3/4-ton with a 6.0L in it. i spent a good amount of time looking around, researching, and trying to find the right shop to do what i wanted.
Posted Image

fortunately and unfortunately, almost 2 years to the day (and 2 days after making the final payment on it), blammo. totaled.
Posted Image

so, after a pretty good hospital stay and alot of looking, i found this gem. 06 3/4-t, 8.1L, loaded.
Posted Image

over the coarse of the summer, it ended up looking like this:
Posted Image

i liked the truck, but i didnt love it. for off the shelf items, it was as close as i could come to what i pictured in my head. the obvious suspension project i still wanted to do, the bumpers were overly bulky for no good reason, the roof rack didnt fit the lines of the truck and sat up to high, and the sliders just blew peroid. so, i started my hunt again. that pretty quickly lead me to the Franken-armed D-max on this site. i instantly knew thats what i was looking for all this time.
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H. L. Mencken

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
after talking to clay and booking a date to deliver 3/4 of the way across the continent, i decided to get a few motor and interior things done. the truck is going to get used for everything. i own and operate a gun and archery shop, tactical school, and im a semi-pro archer. the truck will get used a promo tool for the shop, but it will also see alot of time in the woods hunting and recovering. we have quite a few mud events locally, so its gonna get soiled too.

first order of buisness was the first round or motor upgrades. port-n-polish TB, CAI, injectors/plugs/wires, cooled down the t-stat, and got a custom tune. i also got a motor back custom exhaust done by Stainless Works here in Cleveland.

headers and magnaflo cats (that i didnt end up using)
Posted Image

long tubes installed
Posted Image

Random Ind cats
Posted Image

corvette style x-pipe and muffler
Posted Image

hidden down turns. totally invisable and tucked up in the body profile to keep them out of harms way
Posted Image
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H. L. Mencken

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
i know you folk arent real high on the interior fit/finish shenanigans, but ive always been a bit of an a/v nut, so i decided to tear out all the OEM stuff and put in a nice audio set-up with a mobile PC headunit. i worked at an audio shop in college thats a very reputable shop, so i dropped it off to them for a week. it still needs a week of finish work, but we decided to wait on that portion till the truck was back from Evo.

headunit w/nav, sirius, ipod. the doors got top end pioneer components all behind OEM grills
Posted Image

the sub box. sits 6 1/2" tall and houses a 13" JL flat sub and 2 storage compartments.
Posted Image

sub downfires. this view is looking back from between the 2 rear pass seats.
Posted Image

compartments open. left is amps and an aux fuse panel for all the non-oem add-ons that require power/fusing. the right side is for tools and recovery gear. id like to finish the rest of the hatch floor with a drawer style vault. eventually it will get carpeted on top to be nearly invisable.
Posted Image

Posted Image

20-spot fuse aux fuse panel from Painless and a solenoid for the rear winch
Posted Image

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
then i started parts hording to take up to Clay. i live about 15 minutes from the main Summit Racing location, so alot of stuff was super easy to source locally.

Derale coolers for steering and transmission
Posted Image

Howe steering reservoir and filter modded for hydroboost
Posted Image

PSC high flow PS pump
Posted Image

new OEM steering box with hydro-assist end cap
Posted Image

hoses and fitn's
Posted Image

Rigid LED bars. 2 10"ers in amber for the front bumper and a 20"er in the back of the roof rack for backup. the actuator is for a pivoting light bar on the front of the roof rack.
Posted Image

picked this up at the local fastner shop...
Posted Image

40" interco M16 tires on army green powdercoated 20" DC's.
Posted Image

and of coarse a D60
Posted Image

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
made the trip up to Calgary in early March thru a BULLSHIT snowstorm. was a wicked long trip, 36 hrs, but i made it a-ok.

Clay and i playing with a potential ride height
Posted Image

about to go under the knife...
Posted Image

axle out!
Posted Image

little t-case out!
Posted Image

all the shit that lived here...out!
Posted Image

black-balled Frankenheims going in
Posted Image

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
clay, you mentioned in the f-350 steering thread you were gonna run the ram higher up and steer from the top of the knuckles? id imagine thats going to require some fabbed steering arms? whats your take on doing something that ties back into the OEM tie rod location? similar to this:

Posted Image

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

codyo

codyo
  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • Joined 08-November 10
can hardly wait to see the finished product. looks amazing!!!!!!
87 k10 6inch lift 3 inch body 36 tsl's 4:88 gears and detroits 350 small block intake cam headers.
88 bronco 8 inch skyjacker lift lotsa trimming on fenders 39.5 tsl's oh ya

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

clay, you mentioned in the f-350 steering thread you were gonna run the ram higher up and steer from the top of the knuckles? id imagine thats going to require some fabbed steering arms? whats your take on doing something that ties back into the OEM tie rod location? similar to this:

Posted Image

Well I can do that . I was thinking of making an arm for the cross over and mount your ram links on top of the stock location using our tie rods. Alot of times that upper to lower mounting is because single shear on a rod end is not so good and normal tierod ends blow. I don't want to make your ram too high because then it will collide with the frame/steering box or sometimes the front of the crank on a bottom out.

That said.

I had to remove all the cross members in the rear of your truck. Too much junk under there. It had to be cleaned up to make room for the shocks and track bar. The track bar mount is super important. Due to how low it has to sit to eliminate side to side shifting during travel and to help stabalize the ride. The rear of the frame was all boxed in and a cross member that acts as a fuel tank mount, body mount,cross member support,track bar mount and a track bar stiffener was made and put into place.

275.JPG
276.JPG
277.JPG
278.JPG
274.JPG
DSC00370.JPG
DSC00371.JPG
DSC00373.JPG

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
DSC00374.JPG
DSC00375.JPG
DSC00377.JPG
DSC00378.JPG
DSC00379.JPG
DSC00376.JPG
DSC00380.JPG
DSC00381.JPG
DSC00389.JPG
DSC00391.JPG
DSC00392.JPG

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
DSC00393.JPG

I love this tool. 1/4 inch plate no problem.
DSC00394.JPG

DSC00397.JPG

4 square feet of 1/4 inch plate 15 feet of 3/16 flat 1 bottle of universal sheild and about 5 kg of .035 wire
DSC00399.JPG
DSC00400.JPG
DSC00401.JPG
DSC00402.JPG
DSC00403.JPG
DSC00404.JPG
DSC00405.JPG
DSC00406.JPG

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
DSC00407.JPG
DSC00408.JPG

It's a HUGE BITCH!!!

DSC00409.JPG

Size comparison Frank 1 1/4 inch FK joint and a cheapo 3/4 inch joint

DSC00410.JPG
DSC00411.JPG
DSC00412.JPG

adrenaline269

adrenaline269
  • Members
  • 402 posts
  • Joined 05-October 07
  • Interests:mainly anything with a motor and tires
that is some nice work guys keep it up. those links are beyond massive and look sweet
Temptation is my down fall but saying no is not living. but but but it was shiney

Cody Ford

Cody Ford
  • Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • Joined 05-September 06
  • Interests:90' C350 AKA 4 door 1 ton bronco
    96' Ranger: kings, EMF parts, 800hp SBF
very nice work, that picture of the cheapie joint inside the fk inside the frank made me laugh lol.
90' C350 AKA 4 door 1 ton Bronco
96' Ranger: kings, EMF parts, 800hp SBF

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
I like your steering idea better. I hadn't considered the tie rod ends.

It's looking great.

Heep-A-Lop

Heep-A-Lop

REcTal Itch???????

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
  • Joined 10-August 06
  • Interests:MUD,MUD, GREY GOOSE, JEEP
it looks crazy in person the heims everything on it is huge definatley gonna be a very very very nice rig when done....... Love the fab work liek usual
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Heep-A-Lop (12/20/06 11:16 am) -- no sense of humour with the nazi regime........

1989 Jeep XJ Black HEEP-A-LOP
Ford HP D44 front / Ford 8.8 Rear
sbc 350/700r4/231c

BIRD HOUSE BUILT IN

Cardomain Website
Bucket O' Photos
Webshots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users