• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Haha I've been nitriding everything. It's like when you buy a deep fryer everything gets it.

Bushing housing for the trailer? 

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09

yeah im going to make a set of the short radius arm links. need 4

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H. L. Mencken

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Yeah I'll have to order some material. I seem to be out

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09

the very last batch from the nitrider. i think...

2AADF36F-0889-4670-8DDB-C7D2577993BE_zps

waiting on the front ARB, cause they shipped me the wrong one.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H. L. Mencken

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

Whats the final tire selection going to be

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09

like a broad on vacation, i have a bunch packed away ill switch between. ive got the original 40" Interco M16's, 44" boggers, and 47" Growlers. id still like to get a set of 43" military tires just for fun. 

did you guys figure out if you could cut those axle brackets?

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09

starting to look a lil better. 

91E27403-BCC7-4F57-A51A-43ABAB7C7DF8_zps

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

I like the green and black. The links look more like gun stocks now

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09

final checklist on the fender. top off fluids, grease everything, retighten/torque, and recalibrate the computer for the tire change. its on 42" pitbull rockers now with 17" H2 wheels. this is going to be my main beater offroad set-up. i have some work to do on the front bumper to get the 47's to clear properly.

E97E226C-B13D-4F59-BBC8-E1258688AEF0_zps

blazin_yota123

blazin_yota123
  • Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 16-December 10
Looking good sir ! Must be stoked to get out and wheel !

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09

so ive been out and put about 450 miles on the truck on-road, logging roads, light off-road, etc. im still getting my sea legs and trying to learn the truck. overall it just plain works. the radius arm does limit the flex a little bit, but im also not likely to get into a situation where extreme articulation is a regular thing. ive got a bunch of pics and videos, buuuuut ive been asked to hold onto them...for now. the new roof rack materials are all here, i just need to get the truck over the Big Dog to get that started. ive been priming the water a bit to see if i can get a good deal on some new LED based lighting. we shall see.

got her weighed. it was 7000 stock. the weight ticket also reflects a couple hundred pounds of stereo gear, duck decoys, guns, and ammo that was all on board at the time.

597C7E6F-3BA0-42BD-8688-76D129DFD106_zps

i pulled out the rear radio controls (that have been obsoleted anyhow) from the back of the center console, and it left me a nice spot to mount the ARB switches. i drew up a small simple panel and my buddy chopped it out on his plasmacam. it holds in with 4 rare-earth magnets i epoxied in from the backside. just needs powdercoated now.

5082153D-2886-4CB9-8D94-429AA808DAD6_zps

the truck has gotten raving attention and dropped jaws everywhere we go. we pretty much emptied the Summit Racing showroom when we took it up there a few weeks ago. ive still got some projects to go on the truck, but god damn....2 things are for sure: the burb is fucking awesome. and i am fucking handsome.

96A957F4-174B-40A5-9D8C-21ED6B0F13C1_zps

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

It sure looks f#cking awesome. I'm working on the other do mahicky just swamped

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09

well, after all that tire bullshit. its settled. 44" PB Rockers. they fit good, clear pretty good, looks right, and drive right. had the truck out a ton of places, seen some trails, some mud, and some pavement... and had a bunch of fun with my boys in it. that was the goal. still need some slider/steps and a new roof rack... i just cant seem to find anyone local that really knows how to bend tube and look good. i may bite the bullet and take it to Woodlee this winter.

i had a magazine shoot lined up, but i bailed because i still have some things i want done before its shown like that. they may try again next spring, well see.

here she is after a 6 hr clean up after the Danville mudrun.

DB4485A3-92FD-462F-A65B-0C86C6F29F95_zps

Heep-A-Lop

Heep-A-Lop

REcTal Itch???????

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
  • Joined 10-August 06
  • Interests:MUD,MUD, GREY GOOSE, JEEP
lookin good man... glad to see it getting used
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Heep-A-Lop (12/20/06 11:16 am) -- no sense of humour with the nazi regime........

1989 Jeep XJ Black HEEP-A-LOP
Ford HP D44 front / Ford 8.8 Rear
sbc 350/700r4/231c

BIRD HOUSE BUILT IN

Cardomain Website
Bucket O' Photos
Webshots

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users