• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
good I think I said f#ck it and ordered the 14's because it sounded like you wanted them. It's working out really well. The links are set up for the bags and I've got the perfect spot for the air bumps.

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
awesome. this is why i stick to guns and only guns. ;)
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H. L. Mencken

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
I'll try and get some pictures up tonight. We've been mounting the fuel tanks and I've had to do some off site work to help fund the shop.

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
im interested to see how you made the stock tanks work. cant wait...
Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. -H. L. Mencken

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
sorry flu has hit all of us. Not much happened. Dale will be out tomorrow I'll get the shots then.

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
jr and i have it too. the wife seems to have dodged the flu bullet... good thing too, she's probably going to drop #2 tonight!

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
haha funny we put your tank in last night and Erin went into labour. It's a month early I drove her in waited an hour and then they sent me home. Tatum kept me up until about 4. We're still waitng to hear what's going on.

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
my wifes been having contractions for 2 weeks, but yesterday they really ramped up. crazy woman went to work today, but i dont think she'll make it thru the day.

Bushluver

Bushluver
  • Members
  • 471 posts
  • Joined 17-September 06
Since clay promised the pictures on Monday I've been having contractions...

The Boss

The Boss

Parts Manager/web manager

• Root Admin
  • 3,504 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
12 hours of contractions 2 minutes apart only to peter out at 5am & send me down the walk of shame back home still fat & preggers. BOOOOO.

The burb is looking pretty sweet though.

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
i told my wife she HAD to hold off this weekend. i threw my thieving ass partner out last month and all my guys are at training or out and im solo at the shop with the flu. not only that but my best friend has a b-day party that his wife hired a national band to play at, and i really cant miss that. such is life...

Logan (my 4 yr old) wanted to call you the other day and ask if u'd bring the truck back for his birthday. LOL

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
Found the fault in the computer. The ride control needs to be taken out of the bcm? And something to do with auto trac and the anti locking brakes. Throws a code and it goes into default which is what keeps happening. Mike was talking to Linden then he and Dale were talking. Kinda makes sense . Now to get rid of that crap.

Mr.Duck

Mr.Duck

Lefty loosey

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Joined 26-March 08
Did that truck have the 4WD Auto?
Might have to go to a BCM with a regular T-case and suspension.
Those guys will figure it out
FAWK THAT

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
yup

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09

Found the fault in the computer. The ride control needs to be taken out of the bcm? And something to do with auto trac and the anti locking brakes. Throws a code and it goes into default which is what keeps happening. Mike was talking to Linden then he and Dale were talking. Kinda makes sense . Now to get rid of that crap.

ya, we talked about the ride control in the original lost thread. i assumed that shit was booted already. well, good that its all figured out now.

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06

ya, we talked about the ride control in the original lost thread. i assumed that shit was booted already. well, good that its all figured out now.

Yes we did and it was brought up several times since. When the question was asked last night " that thing didn't have ride control in it did it ? " a wrench alost flew through the end of the shop. It was my understanding that everyone was paying attention and that when the computer was re flashed it removed it but apparently the BCM? needs to be replaced. Not being an electric guy and being able to understand that the thing was defaulting I would have assumsed that someone would have picked up on what was wrong. Then again ass u me . This has been a monkey on my back for about a year now. Certain people have really let me down a ton this past year. I'm learning once again who I can depend on. On the upside from people letting me down I learn more and never need them again.

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
I guess that's what I get for taking the Autoride badges off.

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
i wonder if any of that re-programming booted my custom motor tuning?

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
So still battling the wires. The trucks with 263 t-case work. You just switch the shift pattern in reverse. The auto trac adds the pain in the ass with it's misplacement of 4wd high and 2wd. The only problem we're facing now is the program taking because there was never a suburban that ran a 263. Something to do with the vin. Mike ,Dave, Jeff and Ralph seem to maybe have it under control. If this thing had origionaly had a 263 in it you change 2 wires. No programing no anything. Not even any different parts.

Anyway I've been working on it for the last week or two. Ever since the rolling machine.

This is a picture of the cut outs for the new cross member
cdk2 007.JPG

the cross memeber took 2 days to cut grind fit to the frame and weld along with drilling the mount holes and sleeving. Then because clearances are tight we ran into room issues. After that much time has been spent on a piece it's always scary when that happens. After a few changes and some hours of sweating it worked out.

Fraser 001.JPG
Fraser 002.JPG
Fraser 003.JPG
Fraser 005.JPG
Fraser 006.JPG

I had more pictures but they must have been saved to a different file. It looks bad ass from the side. The front link mounts mount off the cross memeber. They're all cut and ready to go. The fuel tank is still too tight. I'm having an aluminum one made up. It will have more volume than the stock one since it won't have so many depressions in it. It was very close to working but an inch is an inch.

bonedust

bonedust

I deal in lead, friend.

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Joined 17-October 09
wait? so, the whole bullet themed x-member got ditched? why?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users