• Please log in to reply
349 replies to this topic

therange

therange
  • Members
  • 26 posts
  • Joined 19-June 11
  • Interests:4X4 Fabication
Clay, is the block machined yet? We are on a time table here with a lot of work to do. TTC 2012 will be here quick!!!!!!!! If I lived a little closer, I would help you put the hog back together.....

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
not yet. I need to get into the city. To drop it off and just haven't had time.

Here's a question. Not saying I would but should I make a new chassis? Or is the buggy part of me? I guess what I'm saying is do people care that the warthog goes back or would they rather new lines? I'm partial to look. Just looking for feed back.

SLAYERMIKE

SLAYERMIKE
  • Members
  • 199 posts
  • Joined 07-April 09
well I'm partial to the Warthog but I may be biased lol I say bring the hog back for TTC 2012

wahlstrom1

wahlstrom1

U.A. 2010! Bent and broke....

• Members
  • 396 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06
I like the hog.... but that chassis jamie (sp?) is selling that you built rocks to.....
Ranger - Work In Progress

Petersons U.A. 2010, Helluva trip

Mr.Duck

Mr.Duck

Lefty loosey

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Joined 26-March 08

I want some seat time and I want to make a few upgrades but nothing fancy.

Run the Hog as is/was. This will allow for more ass time and less wrench time , apparently not just my opinionPosted Image
FAWK THAT

Cody Ford

Cody Ford
  • Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • Joined 05-September 06
  • Interests:90' C350 AKA 4 door 1 ton bronco
    96' Ranger: kings, EMF parts, 800hp SBF
The hog works well the way its setup, now you could always modify a bit of the beast to improve the lacking areas (maybe cut some weight?) or better represent your business and the products you manufacture, I say keep the current chassis. Oh, and add nitrous or a big blower . .. . .just sayin :D
90' C350 AKA 4 door 1 ton Bronco
96' Ranger: kings, EMF parts, 800hp SBF

Home Brew S-10

Home Brew S-10
  • Members
  • 323 posts
  • Joined 08-February 10
Run what you know. You have almost perfected the art of driving the hog so why not set it in stone.

Got Ruts?

Got Ruts?
  • Members
  • 458 posts
  • Joined 09-August 06
Knowing you its hard not to re invent the wheel for this its prolly a tough call but all the late nights working on that chassis and knowing the entire time that this was the machine you were goin to win top truck in(and winning it)prolly makes it hard to want to start from scratch the warthog has proved itself time and again i think you need to get caught up on everything then show some love to the ol girl and spend ALOT of ass time in there between now and june make sure you and that thing are one unit no last minute bugs to work out or simple forgetfullness costing you... okay maybe just leave the fans thermostatically controlled this time lol sorry. The competition is goin to be sooo fierce in 2012 you need to bring your A++ game my vote is refresh the WARTHOG and take first place sounds simple enough doesnt it...?

SHREDDER

SHREDDER
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Joined 12-February 07
If you want a new look, do the skinned toyota body on it like you had originally planned way back when. Fix/improve the things that you are consitantly braking. Drive it, Drive it hard!, Find the next weak spot. You simply do not have time to start over.

The Boss

The Boss

Parts Manager/web manager

• Root Admin
  • 3,504 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
I have been saying all new chassis for the last 2 years now... but I never thought of putting the yota skins on it. That could be a good plan too. However the hog has been through the ringer & has a TON of dents in the tubing....

I vote COLOUR CHANGE!!! Something flashy and bling bling yo. What are your thoughts?

Eastcoastyoda

Eastcoastyoda

Eastcoastyota

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • Joined 17-March 08
It would be waaaay sweeter winning twice with the same rig. Ditto on the yota skins I've been wanting to see that for years.
Why does interco still put those useless little lugs in their boggers?

Blackhorse

Blackhorse
  • Members
  • 859 posts
  • Joined 23-February 07
I like the chassis as is for going to the champions game, brighter color would be kinda cool

as you are armpit deep in other builds, this would be the most econmical way to go on your time, then do a rebuild after TTC and re-enter it under a different name for 2013 to be a three x winner :)

Just my thoughts,

and my offer to be pit slave still stands :) (have the wifes blessing for this)
I finally got that "jeep thing"..... now it hurts when I pee

Soup Man

Soup Man
  • Members
  • 1,018 posts
  • Joined 13-November 06
Do it right once.

best advice anyone ever gave me.

The Boss

The Boss

Parts Manager/web manager

• Root Admin
  • 3,504 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
*ahem* after the THIRD TTC I think it's time for someone to maybe finish building my Jeep before doing anything else to the hog... B)

Mr.Duck

Mr.Duck

Lefty loosey

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Joined 26-March 08

I have been saying all new chassis for the last 2 years now... but I never thought of putting the yota skins on it. That could be a good plan too. However the hog has been through the ringer & has a TON of dents in the tubing....

I vote COLOUR CHANGE!!! Something flashy and bling bling yo. What are your thoughts?

How about the same colour as Sgleshots shocks? :rolleyes: Flashy and Bling fo sho B)
And then the Jeep :lol:
FAWK THAT

adrenaline269

adrenaline269
  • Members
  • 402 posts
  • Joined 05-October 07
  • Interests:mainly anything with a motor and tires
I vote go back in the hog, just dominate with it and put on a show. you know it like the back of your hand and I feel you would have more fun not stressing about things while you are down there. Also if something breaks we know how to fix it with out thinking. Then add some bling and blow our minds of what a ig can really do
Temptation is my down fall but saying no is not living. but but but it was shiney

Heep-A-Lop

Heep-A-Lop

REcTal Itch???????

• Members
  • 2,023 posts
  • Joined 10-August 06
  • Interests:MUD,MUD, GREY GOOSE, JEEP
I say u put tractor tires on it.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Heep-A-Lop (12/20/06 11:16 am) -- no sense of humour with the nazi regime........

1989 Jeep XJ Black HEEP-A-LOP
Ford HP D44 front / Ford 8.8 Rear
sbc 350/700r4/231c

BIRD HOUSE BUILT IN

Cardomain Website
Bucket O' Photos
Webshots

mogman

mogman
  • Members
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09
Keep the same chassis etc.. BUT, paint chassis bright gold, the panels black with EVO logo everywhere! I was thinking of gold for my chassis but I think your personality suits it more then mine. Stay with what you and your crew knows mechanically but maybe change the looks if time allows. Just my .2

Twister

Twister

OWNER of EMF Rod Ends

• Root Admin
  • 7,388 posts
  • Joined 03-August 06
Thank god. I don't have the energy to make another one. To me I like the origonals. What ever makes the driver is what they should stick with. Change is a good thing but life is short and the rig should only be replaced if it can't be a contender anymore. For what the warthog and I were it's a tough combo to beat. That and I've never seen anything grab more attention. Haters, off road enthusaists, monster truck fans even people that have no interest have to stop and take a look. Like I said none of my time goes into it until my current jobs are finished. One down , three to go. The next one should be gone within the next few weeks. I have a new part time guy that isn't part of the off road scene but I'm told by others will give me a run for my money. I'm excited to pump the last jobs out and start the rebuild .

mogman

mogman
  • Members
  • 377 posts
  • Joined 28-December 09
You think you're excited?? "FEEL THESE NIPPLES!!"
LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)